Find Your Local Mattress WarehouseSearch
There’s nothing more liberating than moving out of your dorm room and into an apartment! Whether or not it’s your first apartment, furnishing your room is an exciting process that should reflect who you are and what stage of life you’re currently in. Since a mattress is arguably the most important piece of furniture in a bedroom, finding the best mattress for college apartments should be a top priority.
Tips For Furnishing Your Bedroom On A Budget
Budgeting doesn’t mean settling. It’s entirely possible to create your dream bedroom within strict cost constraints. Here’s how to buy furniture without breaking the bank:
- Set a dollar figure and stick to it. Before even setting foot in a store, it’s important to know how much money you’re able to spend on furniture. Calculate your expenses and determine a realistic maximum spend.
- Shop affordably. Take advantage of sales! There are plenty of back-to-school and seasonal sales where you can find quality furniture at a discounted price. If you look hard enough, you can find high-quality bedding at a fraction of the cost.
- Write down a list of needs and a list of wants. It’s good to dream big, but being practical is the smarter choice when it comes to shopping on a budget. Write down a list of items you absolutely need — a mattress, a bed frame, a dresser, a table, a chair, etc. Then, write down a list of items you want, but could live without. For example, a couch, a bookcase, a bench, an ottoman, etc. Only pull out your list of wants if you have money to spare after your uncompromising list of needs have been met.
- Prioritize quality over quantity. Budgeting doesn’t equate to sacrificing quality. Thoroughly examine your furniture before making a purchase. Is it made of nice material? Is the brand reputable? What’s the return policy? In most cases, it’s better to have a few high-quality items rather than many low-quality items with a short lifespan. When purchasing a mattress, ask your sales rep thoughtful questions to ensure you’re making the best purchase for you.
- Refinish and repurpose old furniture. Salvage what you can! It’s easy to want an entirely new bedroom when you’re entering a new phase of life, but consider taking old pieces and making them new again. Paint your dresser a new color or polish off that table you’ve had since childhood. Don’t break the bank buying brand new furniture when what you have right in front of you is perfectly usable.
The Best Mattress For College Apartment
A high-quality mattress is essential to great sleep, especially for college students. Most students are extremely busy with extracurriculars, social lives, and late-night studying. Your mattress should be an aid in keeping you well-rested each and every night.
If you’re furnishing your new bedroom from the ground up, the first thing you’ll need is a new bed. As opposed to your freshman year when you were likely given a twin or twin XL, this is your chance to sleep in luxury and upgrade a mattress size or two.
This extremely comfortable 8-inch memory foam mattress comes in all sizes and is perfect for any college student’s apartment. The durable, multi-layered memory foam offers medium firmness and full-body support. It’s also resistant to allergens, mold, bacteria, and dust mites, which is perfect for anyone susceptible to allergies or living in an older apartment complex.
Do I Need A Mattress Topper For College?
A mattress topper is the icing on the cake. While you don’t need a mattress topper for college, especially if you’re no longer a freshman sleeping on a dorm bed, it adds a plush layer of padding, comfort, and mattress protection that is worth the investment. Regardless of the bed, mattress toppers are extremely popular in the college sphere and can make your sleeping experience that much more enjoyable.
Spend Less, Get More For Your College Bedroom
There’s no getting around it — college is expensive. On top of tuition, meal plans, and textbooks, you may be counting pennies to furnish your new bedroom.
If that sounds like you, you’re in luck! We always offer the most affordable prices on the highest quality products. Shop all of our current sales.