Sleep Leads to Success
What you do at night before bed can have a significant impact on your energy level the next day, as well as your mood. Most successful people understand that their success depends on their very own mental and physical health, which is almost entirely reliant upon their sleep habits. Sleep leads to success; this is why bedtime rituals are so important for many successful individuals. Here are a few things that successful people do before turning out the lights each night. Go ahead and try a few – or all!
1. Think positive: Sure, it’s easy to replay negative situations from the day that you wish you had handled differently. Regardless of how badly the day went, try to avoid that pessimistic spiral of negative self-talk because it will only create more stress.
2. Leave work at work: Truly successful people do anything but work right before bed. So don’t obsessively check your email, and try not to dwell on work-related issues. The idea is to get your head out of work before you lie down to go to sleep.
3. Make a sleeping plan: Make it a priority to get enough sleep. One way to do that is to go to bed at a consistent time each evening, which is a key habit all sleep experts recommend to help ensure a healthy night's sleep. One of the worst things you can do is stay up late then hit snooze in the morning.
4. Meditate: Many successful people take a few minutes before bed to meditate. It helps to cleanse your mind and helps you to relax.
5. Reflect: Make time to reflect on your day, even consider taking time to write down a few things that you are grateful of that happened during your day. Keeping what some would call a 'gratitude journal' helps to remind you of the progress you’ve made. Doing so can serve as a way to help you stay motivated, especially when you find yourself in a challenging period
6. Spend time with your loved ones: Make some time to chat with your partner, talk to your kids, or play with your dog.
7. Make a To-do List: Creating a to-do list will help put all of those ideas, thoughts and concerns down on paper for you to attack the next day. By doing so, those thoughts won’t end up invading your head space throughout the night, and you won’t have to worry about forgetting anything
8. Read: Experts agree that reading is the very last thing most successful people do before going to sleep. It helps fuel greater creativity and passion. And don’t think it has to be some business related book. While some people spend the time at night catching up on news stories from the day or browsing Twitter, others enjoy reading fiction novels and ancient philosophy just before bed.