Mattress Financing - What You Need to Know
If you’re in the market for a new mattress, there a few factors you’ll want to consider before making your purchase — one of which is how much to spend on a mattress. Mattresses are a significant investment, which can make shopping for a new one intimidating — but it doesn’t have to be!
Why Your Mattress Should Be An Investment
If bodies were straight, everyone’s best sleep solution would be the floor. The human body, however, comes in lots of shapes and sizes, which is why your sleep solution should be custom-selected for you.
Mattress Warehouse uses a technology called bedMATCH to identify your perfect mattress. People often have preconceived notions of what kind of mattress they need, but bedMATCH uses 18 statistical measurements to scientifically determine what mattress you need and suggest several options at various price points.
Depending on the size and type of mattress, you can spend anywhere from a couple hundred to several thousand dollars on your purchase. Since the wrong mattress can hurt your health for years to come, conventional wisdom says to buy the best mattress that you can afford. Here are three reasons why.
1. Good sleep is the key to good health.
In 2011, a poll by the National Sleep Foundation found that 92 percent of people agree that a comfortable mattress is the key to a good night’s sleep, followed closely by a comfortable pillow.
A better night’s sleep can help you fight off illness, maintain a healthy weight, look better, boost your energy, and even improve your focus. In fact, a small 2009 study found that a new mattress alone produced significant improvements in back pain, sleep quality, and perceived stress in 59 otherwise healthy men and women.
2. You spend a lot of time in bed.
A third of your life, to be exact. Eight hours a night, every night, for eight to ten years adds up to almost 30,000 hours, or a little over three years straight you spend vertical on this one, single surface. And that doesn’t even take into account Netflix binges, daytime naps, cuddle sessions, or any of the other ways you spend quality time with your mattress.
With this much time spent in bed, even a $3,000 premium mattress ends up costing you less than a penny a night. When you really think about it, you will spend more time on your mattress than any other surface, easily making it one of the most important purchases you make for your home. This is not where you want to skimp!
3. Long-term, a quality mattress actually saves you money.
Just like with any large investment, quality is a huge consideration when deciding how much to spend on a mattress. Investing in a higher-quality mattress can save you money in the long run. Low-quality mattresses break down much more quickly, so you will have to replace them more often, which means more time shopping for mattresses. And as we mentioned above, a worn out mattress can actively hurt your health, which could cost you in other ways.
All things considered, can you really afford not to invest in better sleep?
Buy Your Dream Mattress Responsibly
Everyone sleeps, so we feel everyone deserves the ability to purchase a good mattress. Mattress Warehouse has several financing options to help you find your ideal mattress at a price that works for you.
- Apply Before You Buy. Mattress Warehouse offers mattress financing card through Synchrony Bank with certain minimum purchases to help you pay for your perfect mattress over time. You can apply in-store or online, and there are a wide range of credit lines available.
- Apply and Buy Online. Mattress Warehouse also offers the option to apply right within the online cart. Mattress Warehouse is one of the only companies to offer “apply and buy” financing — one of the many ways we make customer care a top priority.
- No Credit Mattress Financing. If you are not a candidate for mattress financing, Mattress Warehouse also offers no-credit options: 90-day payment, early buyout, or 12-month leasing. To apply in store, all you need is a photo ID, social security number, and debit card or checking account. With this option, your initial payment can be as low as $40, making it a great way to afford better sleep.
Invest in Your Perfect Mattress
Not everyone is built the same. You deserve a mattress tailor-made to suit your needs. Visit your local Mattress Warehouse today to get fitted for a new bed using bedMatch.
- Mattress Warehouse